Monday 19 October 2015

Do you want to play dodgeball? By Joshua

It's 12 noon and after 30 minutes of driving, we finally arrived at the new indoor trampoline park. Inside the trampoline park was a vast foam pit for people to do flips on, a large basketball hoop waiting to be dunked a professional Olympic trampoline and an area filled with lots trampoline for you to do flips too! However, all alone in the corner of the indoor trampoline park, was a colossal dodge ball arena.

When the barrier swung open and the rules were already given, I sprinted as fast as lightning, just to get the basketball. Immediately started jumping higher and higher on the trampolines. Until I jumped high like an eagle soaring through the sky, I rocketed the basketball down the hoop. Swish!

Next,I did a forward flip, or as I call it, the ''Swanton bomb''. Swanton bomb is a high risk (dangerous) move that can easily injure your back. A Swanton bomb is when the person is slowly flipping himself forward and landing on your back. It is also a wrestling move performed by ''Jeff Hardy"(World Wrestling Entertainment).

After half an hour of jumping and vaulting over platform, I went to go play dodge ball with my cousin. We first started with a game of four against four, it was fantastic! When the game began, balls were immediately thrown at me. Luckily I dodged them before..... Bang! For a second, all I saw was darkness, until I had realised I had been hit in the face by a dodge ball.


Today I had a fun day because I got the chance to eventually play and do flips with my cousins. At the end of the day, I was rewarded with the new blueberry frozen Fanta. It was so delicious! Next time, I hope I stayed longer so I could show my cousins more cool flips.  


Learning intentions: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our recounts.

Success criteria: I know I can do this when I include a simile and at least five adjectives to describe my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment