Friday 16 October 2015

Have you been to the Botanical Gardens? By Rosary

On the 30th of September, we went to the botanical garden to  my nephew's second birthday. We travelled there by car and I was super excited to go there because it was my first time going there!



When we arrived at the Botanical gardens we had to wait for the others to come with the food and the birthday cake.  We had to wait for a long time so we decided to walk around the place. It was a big that I didn't know where to look first.


Finally they came and we found a place to sit but we were not very sure about it because it did not have enough shade to cover us from the sun.


Eventually we found a marquee that was next to a stunning view of a cherry blossom tree.


Then we all ate some snacks. We had chips, biscuits, cheese crackers and water to quench our thirst.


Screenshot 2015-10-12 at 9.07.45 PM.png
After a while we went outside to play some games with the rugby ball. We played touch and it was very fun. After a while my sister and I stopped playing and we went to entertain some of the little kids by blowing out bubbles for them to catch and pop. We took some photos of the cherry blossom tree and they looked pretty and bright. Next we went to have some cake.We sang the Happy birthday song and said a prayer to bless the birthday boy. The cake was a rainbow cake and it was so delicious. I wasn't too sweet and it wasn't too bland, it was just right!


After a while, we went for a walk around the beautiful garden. First we took a look at the flowers. Then we had to hurry because the sun was going down and the garden was about to close down. I had butterflies in my stomach thinking that were going to be stuck in the garden FOREVER!We made it to the stream where all the ducks were and they were black and they had green colored feathers. We walked on a bridge and took a lot of photos. There were so many streams and rivers that looked very calm and relaxing. My sister and I found a boat and took pictures in it. The pictures looked so funny.


Unfortunately after that we had to leave and pack up because it was getting dark and my grandma was waiting in the car for us. I was exhausted and I knew everyone else was as well. I had a good time at my nephew's birthday party.


I had fun and I hope that next time I go there we can explore the whole garden and take more pictures to keep as memories.
We are learning to understand and use language features in my recount.
I know this when I use sequencing words, time words and past tense in my writing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment