Thursday 13 August 2015

Eww, something smells, did someone fart on stage? By Shivay

Image result for aotea centre

 On the Friday of the last week of Term 2, we went to Aotea centre  to see an amazing performance and attend some digital art workshops. The first thing that we did was we put our name tags on in case we get lost. Other people would be able see what school we were from or dial the number that is written on the tag for us.

After that, we went to Room one to get our junior school buddies so we can look after them throughout the trip. I did not have a partner so I buddied up with my good friend Ace.

Then we finally went on the school bus. I was going to sit by the window but Ace wanted to sit by the window so I let him.

Before long, we were on our way to the Aotea centre. When I was on the bus, I got a bit bored so I talked to Ace about the trip and about what we were going to do  in the holidays. Soon we reached Aotea centre and Ace and I were at the very front of the line. When everyone came out the bus, we put our bags together in the corner.

After we sat in front of the stage, a man came with something attached with a string. He spun the string around really fast and it made a really loud sound, which I thought was really cool.

 Then some trained dancers came and did a dance in slow motion After that they did another dance and their bodies made the shape of a koru. They were so flexible.

After the performance, we went to another place to have morning tea. I had some shapes and cookies and so did my buddy Ace. They were delicious.

After morning tea, we went to the digital art workshops. The first art exhibit was cool because a lady had a phone and there was a big screen that had a phone number on it. The lady dialled the number and we blew into the phone and the people's face changed as if there was real wind blowing on it.

The next workshop was cool as well. We were given tablets and I pads to use to look through so that we could see the birds in the bird houses around the room. we put the camera in front of the bird house, the software allowed us to see the birds.

I saw eight birds in and eight bird houses. I even saw a multi coloured one. After that workshop, we went back to the place where we had morning tea.

Then a man told us that we're going to the Herald theatre to see another show, it was about Rima and Koru trying to blow away the poisonous smoke. That show was funny because the narrator kept on pretending to fart.

Next we went to have lunch in the same place that we had morning tea. I had a Nutella sandwich and my buddy Ace had some rice with chicken.

After lunch, a man was showing us how to write a story. He told us a story about Goldilocks and the three bears.The story was funny because he added some words to the story that made it funny. Then he told a story about a cheetah. that wanted to be the king.

The cheetah was naughty in the story because he hid the prince called Simba in a rock and he dressed up as Simba so he could be the king. However when the king was picking up the rocks, he found Simba and he saw the cheetah next to him. The king said, "Hey cheetah! you have cheated again!" and the cheetah said, "I just wanted to be king." The king said that the cheetah can be the prime minister. That was the end of the story.  After that we went back to the bus to head back to school.

I loved the art learning day and I hope when I grow up I can make a software that makes birds appear as well.

We are learning to use language features correctly in my recount.
I know this when I use appropriate time words throughout my writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment