Sunday 22 March 2015

Have you been to Point England Reserve before for Kids' safety day? By Jayden

On Saturday the 21st of February, I went to Point England Reserve for kid's safety day, my mum and I went super early so we can get a car park. We waited and waited and waited. After a while the activities started, but my mum and I were still waiting for my cousins. When I saw them coming, I was excited because we finally could go to the activities. There were water activities, Police activities, Ambulance activities and fire activities.


My cousins and I got passports for the 6 stamps. We went to every activity to collect the 6 stamps each. Then we all went in line to get a free hot dog in exchange for the 6 stamps collected. I saw my friends Rosary and Kayla. Rosary said "Can we push in" I said " Sure". I noticed that they were holding frisbee's from the activities and they got them for free. I felt proud and happy for them. 

When we finished eating Celeste and I went for a swim. When we first got in, the water was cold so we got out and played in the sand instead. We were getting dirty so we cleaned ourselves in the water and went to dry ourselves next to my mum who was under the tree eating an apple. Summer, my cousin and Celeste's mum went to the park to play on the swing. 

Celeste and I stayed behind and ate apples, then we went to see the police dogs. The colour of the police dogs was brown and black, They had sharp teeth and their names were Paula and Bear. They were awesome. Finally we had to go home.

I felt so happy that I participated in the kid's safety day because I learned how to be safe in the house, in the street, at school and everywhere I go. It was the best day ever.

WALT: write the structure of a recount.
Success criteria: I know this when I can use the orientation, followed by the events and then the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment