Sunday 22 May 2016

I learnt how to chest pass! By Mary

On Friday the 6th of May my class and I had our second Netball session. When we arrived in the top court, we were asked to introduce our name, age and what we wanted to be when we grow up. When it was my turn, I said, “My name is Mary, I am 9 years old and I want to be a nurse”. Our coaches were Tina and Mark.



First we started some warm ups and we jogged to the end of the court and back three times. Then we stood on one leg and stretched our arms out.


Then we learnt the chest pass and balancing when we have caught the ball. We had to get a partner and my partner was Alessandra. We did ten chest passes to each other. Sometimes we stopped because we weren't doing it correctly. I was not a good catcher, but I tried my best.


Then we went into three groups and we had to pass the ball to the left or the right and run to join the group that is in the opposite direction. We continued the activity for a little while. Then we went in a circle and we warmed down by doing some more stretches. It’s important for you to warm up and warm down when you play a sport, because this can help you to prevent injuries.


At the end of our session, Tina asked us what our class name was, but we hadn't discuss it before the session so one of my classmates just called out a random name. After that, we said, “Thank you!” to Tina and Mark and headed back to class.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount by writing an introduction, followed by the events and then a conclusion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment