Friday 25 May 2018

All in the right question.

L.I.: use maths questioning to solve a problem.

"Hundreds, Tens and Ones".
Room 7 have enjoyed playing "Guess My Number" as a Maths warmup last term. This term they are using focused questions and devlop logic skills by taking this game to another level. Working in groups, the audience take turns to answer questions which are designed to identify the digits of a mystery three digit number. Here is an example of how the class used their questions for the number "809":

"Is the hundreds digit greater than 5?"    "YES."
"Is the hundreds digit less than 3?"          "NO."
"Is the hundreds digit equal to 4?             "NO."
"Is the whole number odd?"                     "YES"

Here is an example of how the class worked out the next number "423".





8 comments:

  1. Hello Room 7 my name is Waekamania and I go to Kawakawa primary school as a year 8. I really like how you explain how to play the maths game, but my question is can you show proof that the hundreds digit is greater than 5 and all of those questions?

    If you have time to check out my blog here is the link.
    http://kpswaekamaniaw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my name is Manu and I go to Kawakawa Primary school. I really like how you know that math game but here is a game you should try out Kangaroo math because that is really fun. If you want to check out my blog here is the link http://kpsmanut.blogspot.com/. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi my name is Steven and I go to kawakawa primary school and can you show proof that there is the whole number odd.

    ReplyDelete