Tuesday 26 May 2015

Mum, dad, when could we go back to the lake? By Shannon

On Saturday the 25th of April, it was a sunny bright morning at my cousin's house. My family, cousins and I went to the lake at Hamilton for some exercise. We started walking at 11:30am and came back home at 12:30am.

When we arrived at the lake, we started jogging for about 20 minutes. Minutes rolled by and we started to slow down and finally we stopped. "Ugh! I'm so tired", I said.
"Let's walk instead", replied dad. My mum was way after us. She wasn't tired at all! My dad, cousins, sister and I were looking for fish, baby fish or lily pads. Suddenly, my dad stopped and said, "I found baby fish!"
"Wow! They're so tiny!", my sister said. I was surprised. 13 minutes later, we went back to the car. My mum was waiting there for us and she had been waiting for seven minutes. Then we drove back to my cousin's house.

My cousins, sister and I played Kinetic Sand. I had fun playing with it because I loved making creations. A few hours passed by and we were all still playing outside. Then we decided to go inside to have some food.
We had fish, potato chips, potato fritters and sausages. "Yum!", my cousin said. It was so delicious that I couldn't stop eating! After that, we watched a few movies. That was one of the most interesting day because I have never seen a lily pad and a baby fish before.

The lake was so interesting with fascinating creatures. I hope I get to go again soon so I can explore some more next time.

WALT understand and use descriptive language. 
I know this when I use appropriate adjectives and verbs in my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment