Wednesday 29 July 2015

"I'm so sorry Olaf!" By Cheska

During the holidays my family, friends, uncles, aunties and I ( except my mum and brother). We accompanied my auntie and uncle to the snow mountain so that they could experience the snow because they have never been there before.


Once we got there I rushed to put on my snow gear because I was so excited about touching the snow because I haven’t been there for two years. When I had finished changing into my gear, everyone gathered around because  my aunt had cooked some chicken and rice in a portable cooking range. As soon as the food was ready, I grabbed a plate and ate a lot because I was starving. I felt like I hadn’t eaten for millions of years.

Image result for mt ruapehuAfter we had finished our meal, all of my aunties went to the admissions office to purchase our entrance fee. Five minutes later we went on the chairlift to go on. When I was riding the chairlift It felt like I was like I was walking on Mt Everest because it was so high up.

The minute I got down from the chairlift with my auntie I felt relieved that my feet was back on the ground because it was super scary (I regretted the time that I looked bellow). The first activity that we did was sledding. However, we used big black rubbish bags instead of hiring sleds.

Then I built a snowman. However, I was only half making my snowman when my auntie shouted, “Snowball fight.” I was very good at snowball fights that I eventually hit everyone that was there. It was so much fun because I won. Unfortunately, after that, it was time to go because we had to explore other places in Whakapapa.

It was super spectacular going to Mt Ruapehu because I got to experience real snow for the third time and I hope that I’ll be able to finish my snowman so that Olaf will be proud of me.  

We are learning to use descriptive language in our writing.
I know I can do this when I write appropriate adjectives, verbs and similes in my recount of going to the snow mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment