Thursday 19 May 2016

Do you know where I went in the school holidays? By Mary


On Saturday my family and I went to the beach for a picnic. It took us only 9 minutes to get there. First we went to the market to get some food. I felt excited and happy.


When we arrived there we put our swimming togs. My togs was colourful and had heart shapes and poky dots. I really liked it. When my cousin and I were ready we went for a swim in the water. It felt warm because the sun was up. I had a great swim.


After that we went to get changed so that we can play some games. When I came out I saw my mum, dad and auntie playing volley. I wanted to play but the mum said, “No because if you play you are going to get hurt”. So I said, “OK!” So I went to go play hide and seek. First my cousin was in. Then he tagged me. So I ran to go get my little brother.


Later on we decided to eat. There was a lot of tasty food and drinks. When I got my food it was yummy and delicious.

Finally we went home because we were all tired. My favourite part was we had so much fun in the water.  

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount by writing an introduction, followed by the events and then a conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment