Monday 9 May 2016

Yes, I won my first two medals! By Alessandra

Image result for karate medalsOn the 9th of April my grandparents, family and I went to Manurewa netball centre for my karate tournament.


First my family and I hopped happily into my dad’s big, grey car. Then we went pick up my grandparents from their house so we could all go to the tournament together. After we picked them up, we headed to the netball centre in Manurewa. It only took us 15 minutes to get there, because there was no traffic.


When we got there, there  were three rings that were ready for us to do our kata and kumite in. I looked for some seats for my grandparents and my family while my dad was booking us in.


After that, it was time for the tournament to start. First we had to stand in our lines. Then the highest belt had to bow us in. After we had bowed the the highest belt, he told us that we were put into three rings and that we will be in different time. My first round was in ring two and it started at 10:30.


When it was 10:30, I went into ring two. There were competitors from all over Auckland and even Christchurch. When I was doing my kata, I felt nervous but I gave it my all. When my competition ended, the judges gave out medals for both kata and kumite. I received a silver in kata and bronze for kumite. After that we all went home.

I had an awesome day because I won my first two medals. I hope that I could get gold in both kata and kumite next time.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use the correct language features in our recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write about my karate tournament using past tense.

No comments:

Post a Comment