Saturday 3 December 2016

Going to the Laundromat can be a bit boring! By Rhonda

Image result for washing machine cartoonDuring the weekends, my mum, older sisters and I went to the Laundromat to wash some clothes and our school uniforms for school. Before we left the house, I had to help my older sister to put all the dirty clothes into the bag. Then we had to wait for my mum to finish getting changed. After that, we left in our dad’s small and grey car.


I felt very excited about going there,because I like wearing clean clothes there. When we got there, my sister parked the car and we took the clothes inside the Laundromat. My mum and I put two bags of clothes into one of the machine, then we put the last bag in another washing machine because they didn’t all fit in the one machine. Then my mum went to go and get some coins to put into the coin slots for the machines to operate. We put in four dollars each into the machines. Then I pressed the start button and then we waited.

While we were waiting, my mum gave my sister and I some money each to go and buy some food from the shops to eat. My sister didn’t know what to buy so she bought a bag of chips instead. I bought two pies for my mum and I to enjoy. I also bought a big bottle of water just in case my sister or my mum got thirsty.

A little while later, the washing was finished. We put the wet clothes back into the bags and took it to the dryer. Then my mum told my sister to put the school uniforms in one machine and all the other clothes go together in another machine. After that, my mum put another four dollars each into the machine, then I pressed the start button again. After that, we had to wait again.

While we were waiting my, older sister and I went and listened to music in the car because we were bored, and my mum waited in the Laundromat for the clothes to dry. Some of the songs that were playing  on the radio were my sister’s favourite songs. After we listened to music for a little while, we went back inside to check how much longer to go.

We looked and it’s was five more minutes left, so we went back to the car to listen to some more music.

After we listened to more music, we went back inside to check to see if the clothes were ready and they were. So I went to grab the bag and we quickly put the clothes in. After that, we went back home.

I had a great and happy time going to the Laundromat with my mum and older  sister. Next time I hope we bring more clothes to wash because my sister and I listened to our favourite songs together.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use appropriate verbs to describe my recount of going to the Laundromat with my mum and my older sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment