Tuesday 23 June 2015

The trek up Mount Wellington! By Alessandra

On the 30th of May, my cool friends, lovely family and I went hiking up the mountain at Mount Wellington.


First we gathered at my friend's house and we started the hike up the mountain. When we were walking my friend Leilani and I saw some big, fat cows. When we took a closer look at them we, also saw a little baby calf. It was so nice watching the baby calf walking next to its mother and it was color black and white.

When we got to the top it was such a beautiful sight. We could see all of Panmure and more. We can even see our school, the sky tower and the hole of Auckland. We took lots of photos  while arming the view and the beauty of nature. We then came down and went to the hot park on Banks road.

When we got to the park it was so hot, we played some sports like Soccer, Touch,  Rugby and more. The first game we played was Touch. First we had to get into some teams. I was in Leilani's team and my brother was in my mum and dad's team. Then we started to play. The scores were 9-9, it was a tie! After that it was so hot we had to have some nice cold water.


After that we went home. At home we all had a nice cold shower. Then later we watched some T.V and had dinner. The food we had were some nice brown chicken with  white rice and some lovely vegetables. After a while we went fast sleep. 


I wish that next time we could spend more time in the park and we can go for another hike and play more sports at the park with my family and friends.


WALT  understand and use descriptive language.

I know I can do this when I use appropriate adjectives in my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment