Wednesday 24 June 2015

Wow! I didn't know badminton was so much fun! By Glen

Last Friday, the entire class went to the hall to practise our badminton skills. Coach Ben gave us tiring warm ups to start off with, he told us to to jog to the wall and back twice, then he told us to swiftly using side steps to the wall and back.


The first activity we did the we did was we practised our forehand and then backhand grips. After a little while, those of us that have mastered our forehand and backhand grip we tried some marvellous tricks. We hit the shuttle up into the air and try to hit it back up in the air as many times as we can.


The next fun activity that we did was we had a serving game. We were practising our backhand serves over the net. We did it a few times in groups and then it was changed into a competition.


Coach Ben then put rackets on the floor to use as a marker and the team that hits the racket on the floor with the shuttle gets a point.

Image result for badminton shuttleThe next activity we did was another serving game. First we had to find a partner, my partner was R.J. Then we had to backhand serve to our partner. Before long, we were rallying with each other.


I thought badminton was fun and a very fast-paced game. I wish I had more time in the hall so we could keep practising and improve our skills.

WALT: Use appropriate descriptive language in my writing to make it more interesting.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I choose appropriate adjectives to use in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment