Tuesday 5 August 2014

A crazy yet fun day with my cat Panda! By Gabby



WALT - write a recount using adjectives and adverbs to make my writing more interesting.
I know this when I use action words and describing words appropriately and correctly in my writing.
In the weekend, I stayed at home on a cold Sunday morning…...

When I woke up, I got up and stretched. I checked the bunk bed to see if my brother and sister were still sleeping. I went to my sister's bed and saw her quietly snoring. I shook her and said "Hey, hey Patsy! Wake up!" I stopped shaking her and tried to see how she reacted. A while later, she just groaned and moved. I knew just the trick to wake her up, so I got my cat Panda and put him beside her. He went inside the blanket to get warm and cozy.

Panda is a 2-month old kitten and his mother is an adult cat named Molly. Panda is small like a medium sized rock. He is black and white and loves to chew and fight the blue mat that says "WELCOME." He usually goes out when the weather is warm but stays inside our bedroom when it's cold. My cat Pooh is very fluffy, she sleeps on the bottom corners of the bed and she is the only cat who plays with Panda. Molly growls when Panda is near her, so that's why Panda loves the bedroom.

First, Panda went wriggling inside the blanket which made my sister to open her eyes and grabbed him. She snuggled next to him but Panda tried shaking off from her hands. He slid into a tight spot on the left end of the bed. My sister said " Go get Panda!"I quickly stood up,went on the ground and went under the bed. It was a very tight squeeze to move in, I felt like a sponge being squeezed by a hand. I slowly crept up to him and grabbed him as fast as a speeding car, but I missed and he got away. I crawled and crawled to where Panda was but he was no longer there.  I went out of the bedroom door and I chased after him.

I walked into the garage and saw that no one was there so I went outside to check for Panda again. Then, I saw him up the fence but I couldn't reach him. I said to him "I..... Give..... UP!" Because I was so tired, I decided to taste one of the green, small and hairy strawberries from our plants. I washed it with the tap water inside the house and ate it. It was sour, sweet, but mostly bitter. When I walked back into the garage, I looked at the cat flap on the window  to see if any cats were outside ready to come inside to eat their biscuits.

Then, the floor shone like the shining sun and I saw foot prints of my muddy socks. "Uh oh" I whispered. I was kind of lucky because my brother wasn't playing in the computer and he would tell me off. I quickly grabbed the mop as fast as a hungry lion chasing a gazelle. I dipped the mop into a bucket of clean water and I was clumsy and unsteady because I still had my muddy and wet socks on. I kept cleaning the floor and I was confused when it felt like the footprints were infinitely appearing. I finally figured out what was happening so I took my socks off. I went to the bathroom and put my socks into the laundry basket. I went back to the garage and continued what I was doing until it was squeaky clean. The floor was still wet but luckily, the sun was finally out and the floor dried quickly.

After working so hard cleaning the floor, I felt hungry so I grabbed 3 pieces of cookie bear chocolate chip cookies, toast with nutella and milk with ice. After I ate the toast and the cookies, I drank all of the milk in the cup until there was only ice left in the glass. Before I put the ice in the bin and put the cup in the sink, I looked inside the cup. There, I saw some white, wet powder on the ice. I scooped a little bit of of it and put only some of it on my tongue. I swallowed it, and it was really disgusting because it tasted like salt water and slug slime mixed together. I took another cup from the cupboard and I got some cold water from the fridge. I took 3 cups of water and drank it to make sure the taste was gone.

Finally, I went into the living room feeling sick and tired. The sliding door was open so I proceeded to close it. I slowly slid the door close because my arms were shaking. Panda zoomed into the open space and went on the couch. I rested my head on the pillow and went next to him. Panda started playing and chewing my hair and it tickled me but  I didn't mind. Eventually,Panda stopped and started to purr. I closed my eyes for a moment and before I knew it, I was fast asleep……..

No comments:

Post a Comment