Saturday 16 August 2014

My Game Against Grammar Green! By Cameron

On Saturday, my mum and dad took me to my rugby game. My team is called Marist Storm and we were versing Grammar Green at their home ground that morning. When we got to the field, we started with some warm ups. We had to wait a bit because they were late. My coach told us that if we didn’t win, we will have to run up the hill 100 times.


When the other team arrive, the game was started and my coach picked the player to go on the first half. We kicked off for the game and the Grammar Green caught the ball. We chased the ball and started to tackle the player with the ball. We had to do a blow over. When we got the ball, we started to pass the ball to Sione so he can try  to get a try for our team.

After that, the other team got the ball and started to run to the other side. However, he got tackled and he went out of the rugby field. The hooker is the one to throw the ball in and the halfback calls out a move to the rugby players so they can move into position. It was almost halftime and we got tackled out of the field. The score was 3 - 1.

We kicked off the second half as well. The other team dropped the ball and we had to do a scrum. The scrum is when you push the ball back to the halfback. When the ball went out, the other team had to do the lineout. When the ball was thrown in, the halfback of the other team got it so I ran to get the ball. They drop the ball and I caught it and pass it to Sione so he can get another try for our team. Then the score became 6 to 3 to us.

I was happy that we won the match because we all tried really hard and we worked really well as a team.

WALT write a recount using adjectives and adverbs to make my writing more interesting.
I know this when I use action words and describing words appropriately and correctly in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment