Friday 8 August 2014

I Can't Wait for the Next Weekend! By Greshka

Last Sunday, my family and I had a really fun day. Before the events happened, I woke up, changed my clothes and ate my breakfast as quickly as a cheetah. Then my dad drove us all the way to Saint Mark’s Church in Pakuranga.


I am part of a choir called ‘Tawag Awit’ that sings for church. My friends and I sang beautifully like birds chirping together. After a little while, my parents called us to gather and we went back home.

When we came home, I made a present for Tita Daisy. It was her birthday that day so I made a bracelet for her. It was a yellow bracelet made with loom bands and it had a blue and orange flower in the middle.

Then I helped my dad to unclog the messy and muddy pipe where our wastes go out. It was hard work. My dad scoops the faeces out of the pipe with a long stick and a plastic cup. It looked really yucky and smelt gross. After a few scoops, the cup fell into the brown liquid because it was heavy. My dad told me to get two more plastic cups but I didn’t know why.

Afterwards, I helped my dad fix the overflowing pipe that was connected to the taps in our house. My dad found some things inside the soap suds. Then he scooped the water into a bucket. I held onto the hose while my dad got the broom and pushed the liquid onto the grass.

Then we cleaned the van that my dad drives to fix coffee machines. It was big and long. I grabbed a hose and sprayed the van while my dad got a broom and swept the van with dish washing liquid. Then my dad grabbed the hose and rinsed the van all over. It looked squeaky clean!

After that, we cleaned the small car. It was grey and it could fit five people in it. First, we cleaned the inside of the car. I got a vacuum and I helped Dad to clean the floor. Then we cleaned the outside of the car. I grabbed a hose and sprayed water all over the car. Then Dad grabbed the dish washing liquid and squirted it over the car and scrubbed it with a broom. Then he got the hose and rinsed the car.

Then we washed the front entrance of the house. I placed all the shoes inside the house and removed the red, spiky mat. First, my dad sprayed water with a hose at the entrance floor. Then I gave my dad the dish washing liquid and he squirted it all over the entrance and scrubbed it with a broom. Then we scrubbed the floor with the broom.

Afterwards, my family and I went to Tita Daisy’s house for her birthday party. We were the first family to arrive at her house. I gave her the bracelet and kissed her on the cheek. She thanked me and I said “You’re welcome”. We bought three boxes of pizza in Domino's afterwards. The flavours were pepperoni, Hawaiian and cheese and they only cost $15! When all our friends came, Tito Bruce said a blessing and we ate food. I ate many slices of pizza, two pieces of KFC chicken and some rice. We went home at 9 o'clock that night and I changed into my pyjamas, brushed my teeth and went to bed.

I felt tired and exhausted after the busy day. However, it was worth it because we now have a clean environment and home.

WALT write a recount using adjectives and adverbs to make my writing more interesting. I can do this when I use action words and describing words appropriately and correctly in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment