Wednesday 20 August 2014

Dhon's Team won a Tournament! By Greshka

On Saturday afternoon, my family and I went to the Trust Stadium in Henderson to watch my brother Dhon play basketball. My brother was part of the Counties Manukau Basketball team. We couldn’t find the place on the GPS so my dad called my brother’s teammate’s dad. Before he could tell me the place, I found the location on the GPS and it took us 25 minutes to arrive at the arena.

When we walked inside, it looked like a big mall in a popular city. There were shops and a cafe at the entrance. As soon as my brother found his teammates and his coach, they went towards. The coach gave him his uniform and it was a black and red singlet that had a white number 13 on it. The number peeled off the uniform so the coach replaced it with another singlet that had the number 15 on it. Before we went upstairs to find a seat, two girls stamped my parents’ hands.

It was a long way up. After the 4th set of steps, we entered a door. It was a good view as we were on the second level. My dad got out the camcorder and the tripod. I complained because I didn’t want to do the recording for the game, so my dad did the recording so that he can analyse the game with brother afterwards. As soon as the game started, my dad started recording.

It was a long game because in each of the game, there were four rounds. While my dad was recording, I was playing ‘Don’t Touch the Spikes’ on my phone. My family and I were really hungry after my brother’s team won their game.

We went to the closest Burger King in Henderson. My mum told my brothers and I to find a seat in Burger King. My dad ordered five sundaes, five burgers and five drinks. When we finished eating, we filled the cups again and went back to the arena.

We had an hour to spare before my brother’s next game. I was drinking my coke from Burger King while playing games on my phone and listening to music. My brothers were playing on a spinning sculpture. When it was almost 5 o’clock, my brother got ready for the next game.

We went up the steps and entered the same door. I asked my dad if I could go up to the floor where you can see the best view and my dad said, “Yes”. So I went out the door, walked up the next set of steps and opened the door. I saw a small flight of stairs going down. When I went down the stairs, the view was as high as a bird’s view when it’s flying. I sat on a seat, played on my phone and listened to music. After a while, my dad came and started recording again. After the third quarter, my dad told me to do the recording. We went home after Dhon won his second game.

It was a good tournament because Dhon’s team won and played well together. It is too bad that my baby brother Hanz missed out on his classmate's birthday party as it was the same day. I wish I could join a tournament like that.

WALT write a recount using adjectives and adverbs to make my writing more interesting. I can do this when I using action words and describing words appropriately and correctly in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment