Monday 25 August 2014

It's time for college! By Ella-Marie

WALT write a recount using appropriate language features. 

I know this when I write speeches and similes correctly in my writing.
On a hot sunny Saturday, my family and I went to the Pakuranga college to enrol my sister. Once we arrived there, there was no parking spot in sight. It was like there was a famous singer singing at the college. It took 3 minutes to find a parking. If I hadn't told my mum to park there, it could have taken more than 5 minutes just to find a parking.

When we walked into the school, two students offered to show us around. They said to us “Ask us questions if you want to know about what we do in the classes”. My mum answered. “ O.k”.

Our first class was the music room. In the music room they played all sorts of music. They sang and played instruments like drums, trumpets, guitars and a lot more. At the end of each year, they got to take their instruments home. Then we moved on to the next class. The next class was the Drama room. In the Drama room, students practise for shows or plays so they can act out in front of the school. This is the class that my sister wants to try out.

As we were walking to the next class, it started to rain so we started to run. In no time, we were safe because we were in the gym. The students demonstrated the options that were available in the gymnasium. She said “We play in here for our P.E. We play games like netball or basketball and we play soccer and other sports on our field”. Our next stop was the pool. I was so glad they had a pool. I love pools. They explained that each year they have swimming competitions. On the weekdays, they have time to practise but only for the people who wants to swim.

There were a lot more classes like technology classes and language classes. We were then led to the office and my mum handed in the form and my sister’s birth certificate. After everything was sorted, my mum bought a sausage sizzle and a little treat for all of us. We ate them until we were full. It tasted so yummy.

After eating, it was time to leave so we packed up our things. I had an awesome day and I wish I could go to that college so I could be like my awesome sister.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Ella-Marie I love it and yes your sister is awesome :) Keep it Ella

    ReplyDelete