Tuesday 24 March 2015

I love the Philippines! By Cheska

During my holiday, went to my grandma’s surprise birthday party. My cousin, his mum, my dad and I had to hide in a room because we haven't seen her for five years so we wanted to surprise her. The lights were off so it was pitch black .


However the four of us weren't in the same room with them. She was so surprised when they opened the door for my grandma.We waited in the secret room until they called us.

First my cousin went in because he has been overseas. Then they called us in the room. After that they showed a comedy of my grandma’s daily routine. At last it was time to eat so I hurried to the food section  grab  the food.

Then my dad and his four brothers sang a song Then his 6 sisters sang a song and my cousin performed using a ukulele after that all the cousins sang a song but not all of them was there. Lastly they showed the presentations from our families all around the world.

Then and my auntie said a speech and I think my dad didn't really know what he was saying. My uncle Randy read from a script and my other uncle said a closing thank “Thank you” speech. My cousin Gabe said a closing prayer for us when the speeches ended. They sang my grandma’s favourite song.

When the party ended we we all helped cleaned up the hotel ballroom. Felt so tired afterwards when we got home, I changed straight away and very soon I fell asleep and I snored very loud.

Learning intention: We are learning to use the structure of a recount correctly. 

Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write my orientation, followed by the body and then the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment