Thursday 26 March 2015

Riverhead, what a lovely place! By Aiden

Have you been to Riverhead before?

In the weekend I went to see my auntie and uncle at my auntie's mum's house. We had lunch there. I was eating slowly to savour my lunch. I had an egg sandwich, sausages and a drink of juice. It was very yummy. I was going to eat some more but I was too full. My brother Caleb and I went for a walk on a track to burn off the food so we have the stomach to later eat at the Riverhead pub. When we came back from our little stroll, we went to look at my uncle and auntie's new house that will be built in March. We couldn't see anything but dirt.

No wood, nothing, just a can of paint to mark out the walls. Caleb and I wore jandals and the dust from the dirt got our feet dirty. Caleb and I were racing and playing around the hill of dirt. We ran up and down it. After that we went to the Riverhead pub.

When we got there, we both said "It's packed". After we went in, we looked around . Did you know this used to be an old bikers pub? There was live music, good food and drinks. The menu had the history of the pub and of course the food menu. We had a great time.

I felt really happy after that. I want to go again. I had fun and everyone at the Riverhead pub had fun as well so it was a win, win situation.

Learning intention: We are learning to use the structure of a recount correctly. 
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write my orientation, followed by the body and then the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment