Sunday 15 March 2015

Why do I have to go mum? By Launoa

My weekend recount!

Do you know how boring watching your brother’s Polyfest practise is?

On Saturday 21th of February 2015, it was a beautiful sunny day and it was really hot. We went inside the hall and there were lots of boys sitting down ready for practise. They were practising for Poly fest.

Before the practise was about to start , we hurried to get some chairs for us to sit on.
I was really shy because my brother told me to come over. I said “No” because in the Tongan culture the girls are not allowed to hang around the boys. So my mum told me to sit down with her.

A few minute later, the Sacred Heart boys including my brother had a 10 minute break so my mum, auntie, cousins, and I had to prepare the food. The boys were lucky because they had ice cream, pancakes and some fizzy drinks. After their 10 minutes break, they practised for their performance.

Then there was a loud drum that came out of nowhere. I had to block my ears in front of everyone. After that, was the practise almost finished so I went outside with Akesa and some of my friends. I was  happy when the practise ended.

I had a boring time because I had nothing to do, it would be awesome if the Tongan boys had more interesting dance moves so that we can make the other schools jealous. 
WALT use the correct structure for a recount. 
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write the introduction, followed by the events and then the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment