Sunday 19 November 2017

I would be very scared if I was strapped to 100 helium balloons! By Anamaria


What did Tom Morgan do on October 20th 2017?

He soared over South Africa, seated in a camp chair strapped to 100 helium balloons.
2. How long was the flight and how high did he go?
It was a two hour flight and it went up to 8,000 feet.
Critical thinking Question:
What would scare or excite you the most about a helium balloon flight?
I wouldn’t be excited at all because I am scared of heights and I would be afraid of the possibility that the balloons might pop. Also I am scared of being alone.

Learning Intention: We are learning to identify key information.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use information from the article "British Adventurer Soars In The Skies Using Helium Balloons! DOGO news" 
to answer comprehension questions correctly.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the movie 'UP'. I wonder if they were standard sized party balloons? I feel like I would need more than 100. How much did Tom weigh?

    Thanks,

    Mr McAulay

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Xavier from paroa this is an interesting thing to look at and study but are you shure there where 100 balloons?

    ReplyDelete