Tuesday 19 July 2016

I can't wait to pick up my aunty! By Mary

On Sunday 3nd of July 2016, my mum and I went to the airport to pick up my auntie Lavinia. The weather was sunny and cloudy. It took an hour for us to get to the airport.


After we picked up my aunty we went to my older sister's house to drop her off to celebrate her coming to Auckland. I was so excited because
 she told us that at the end of the celebration she is going to give all of the children some candies.

Later on that day, we prayed for coming to Auckland for a vacation. We also prayed for the food that we at.

Soon after the prayers, we went to get some food. We ate rice, spaghetti, chicken and ham. The rice was tasty and the spaghetti was slippery. The chicken was crunchy and the ham was chewy.

Before long, it was getting dark outside. My auntie started throwing candy on the floor for the children and I can quickly stole some. I had a lot of fun. Then we all felt tired so we went home. I had a great time with my auntie.

My favourite part of the day was when my auntie arrived at the airport, and gave us candies at the end of the day.

Learning Intention: We are learning to follow the structure of a recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write an introduction, followed by the events and then a conclusion of how we celebrated my aunty coming to Auckland for her vacation.

1 comment: