Wednesday 20 July 2016

WOW! I cant believe my pets are getting along! By Lupe

Learning Intention: We are learning to follow the structure of a recount.

Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write the introduction, followed by the events and a conclusion about our new puppy.

On Saturday the 2nd of July,
Image result for sharpeimy dad was on Facebook scrolling down the news feed, and he saw that his friend was selling puppies.

My dad called all of us to come and take a look. He asked us if we wanted a puppy and we all screamed, "Yes!" My dad texted his friend and asked, "How much for one?" He said it was $400 dollars but he will sell it to us for $300 dollars.

We were all excited but worried about our cat. Our cat goes out for adventures around the house. Our neighbourhood has dogs and sometimes our cat fights with the dogs, so we weren't sure if she'd fight with our puppy or not.

When my dad's friend arrived with the puppy, we all ran outside to meet them. My dad's friend told us all about the puppy and it is a boy.

I was the first person in my family to hold our puppy. My mum took me to the pet shop and we bought our puppy a ball to play with, a dog brush, some dog food and shampoo and conditioner to bathe him in, a bed and a food bowl.

When we arrived back home, we all sat down to figure out a name for him until the name Brownie popped into my head.

After that, we all took Brownie outside so he could get use to the backyard. My adventurous cat came wandering around the corner, but she didnt care about the dog. She went to Brownie straight away and played with him.

Soon my dad came out and said, "Hey, I'm going to the gym so you have to take great care of him!" and we all replied, "Yes! we will take great care of our little Brownie!" 

By the time my dad got back, we were all cuddled up and had fallen asleep on the couch. Brownie licked my cheek to wake me up. I got up and fed him a little can of dog food.

Then I went back to sleep. Somehow, Brownie made his way to me and slept on my stomach. My mum threw a blanket over us and we soon dozed off.

My favourite part of the day was when my cat played with Brownie, because it was cute and it was great that they can get along.

1 comment: