Thursday 7 July 2016

Happy early birthday mum! By Alessandra

Image result for restaurantsOn a sunny, warm Saturday afternoon, my family and I decided to take my mum to a restaurant because it was almost her birthday and we wanted to give her an early birthday surprise. We went to a restaurant in Panmure called Indian Pepper. Indian Pepper is a buffet where you can eat as much as you wanted to.


When we got to the restaurant, my dad told the owner that we had already made a booking. Before long, a waiter approached us and led us to our table.


After we sat down at our tables, my dad said a little prayer to bless the food and he said, "Dear Lord, thank you for this beautiful day and for the lovely food that we were about to eat and bless our mum because it was almost her birthday. Amen." After my dad said the prayer, we went to go and fill our plate with the yummy food from the buffet.


I also had hot chips, crispy chicken and some chilly chicken. When I eat the chicken, it melted in my mouth. As soon as I had finished with the savoury food, I had  some dessert. I had cold mango ice cream and some cookies and cream cheesecake. When I ate the cookies and cream cheesecake, it melted in my mouth and it was so yum. After that, we decided to go home because we were all so full.


I had an amazing time with my family and I hope next time we are able to take our grandparents with us because they also really wanted to try the food there.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount using the correct structure.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write the orientation, followed by the events and then a conclusion of celebrating my mum's early birthday.

1 comment: