Wednesday 6 July 2016

Wow, I haven't seen such amazing dance moves before! By Punipuao

On Friday 10th of June,  my family and I went to my mum's work to help her to fundraise money to buy new books and new shelves for the pre-schoolers  so that they had a place their bags when they arrive to school.


My mum and I decided that we could have a disco ball as our fundraising event. The teachers liked the idea so my mum and I went to the shops to buy some decorations. We bought colourful stripes, plastic cups and plates, glow in the dark bracelets, a roll of wrapping paper and some prizes for the guests and children.


Soon, we arrived back at school to set up the table for the priest, his wife and my dad. I put a white cloth on top of the table and my mum helped me. After that, one of the teachers called Lana wrapped up 3 bottles of wine to be give out as an award to the best dressed mum, dad and for the person who received the most amount of money during the dance. She also wrapped up the children's prizes for best in dancing.
While Lana was wrapping up the presents, I was in the kitchen helping my mum to cook some of the food for supper. I added some herbs into the chicken and placed the cooked chicken onto  plastic plates. My mum had made a delicious potato salad and my mum's friend cooked some chop suey. When people are starting to arrive, I washed my hands and went upstairs to where the Early childhood centre is.


Then the priest prayed before the children could have their dance. After that, my dad called out the little children who danced their best, while I passed around lollies to the little children who were dancing. I saw some very interesting dance moves from two little girls named Ashleigh and her cousin Immy.   


Later on, my dad announced the best dressed mum and best dressed dad award. Their names were Lorayne and Daniel. My dad chose Immy for the best dancer because she got the most amount of money. Lastly we had one last song of the running man challenge. The little children, my brother, my sister, friends and I danced so hard that we nearly broke the floor.


My favourite part of the night was when I went around to give some lollies to two little girls because I liked how they danced to the music and used actions that people did not know.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in a recount.
Success criteria:  I know I can do this when I use adjectives to describe my weekend helping my mum to fundraise some money for the Early childhood centre.

1 comment: