Monday 10 August 2015

Have you been to a Matariki festival before? By Rhonda

On the weekends my dad, brother, sisters and I went to the Matariki festival at Glen Innes reserve. We walked there because it was near our house.


When we got there, we saw a lot of lights. There were a lot of lights there were dolphins, fisherman and more. Then we went For a walk. While we were walking, we saw more and more lights they had different coloured lights. There were blue, green, red, purple, yellow, grey and pink. 

Image result for matariki festival
Next we went past a shop that was selling glow lights. My sister asked if she could buy one of the glow lights 
and my dad said ''Yes''! It only cost $3.00 dollars. After she brought it we went home because my little sister was getting very tired. I had a fun and a great time going to the Matariki festival.

Next time I hope we go on a different day because there were so many people there which made it really crowded.



We are learning to follow the structure of a recount.
I know I can do this when I use write the introduction, followed by the events and then the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment