Sunday 23 August 2015

Mmmm, spring rolls! By Kayla

Image result for spring rollsOn a bright and beautiful day, I had my guitar class at Tamaki Primary where they teach kids how to play musical instruments. Once my alarm went off I tried to stop it before it became louder. Then I got ready as soon as my mum had woken up. After that my mum,grandma,dad and I had breakfast of bacon and eggs on toast (yummy).                                                                   Later on, when it was around 9:50 my mum dropped me off to guitar lessons. While my mum was driving, I saw a bunch of people playing rugby at Dunkirk park, I saw one person kick the rugby ball as high as the sky tower. Then we parked at my guitar class. I said, "Bye" to my mum and went in. After a couple of minutes I saw Launoa and Akesa so I said "Hello" to them. We started of with sitting in a big circle, so we all could play A,B,C and D.                             Then my teacher taught us how to play the power chords D,A and C. It was really hard at first but I got it when my teacher showed me an example of the power chords. We added all the power chord together so it could be a song. Sadly it was time to go, but at least I could share it to my family and friends.                  When my mum and I got home we watched the British bake off, it was the finals. They each baked a cake so the judges could taste it. The winner was a girl named Ruby. After a while, I helped my uncle make spring rolls. We first unwrapped the spring roll pastry and rolled it with beef and veges. While my uncle was making the spring rolls, I made raw egg yolk to seal the pastry so the rolls will stick together. However we ran out of spring roll pastry, I felt sad as if I was crying inside. Thankfully we had rice paper so we used that to wrap the left over beef and vegetables.  Today was awesome because I learnt new notes,songs and chords. My favourite part was making spring rolls with my uncle because it was really yummy.


WALT understand and use descriptive language.
I know this when I use appropriate similes and adjectives to describe the events and the nouns in my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment