Friday 7 August 2015

Yay, go Marist! By Cameron

On Saturday, I went to the Avondale Racecourse. When my family and I arrived, I went with my dad to look for my rugby team. I only saw Mario. He asked me, “Can you give the T shirt to the coach please?” I said “No you give it to him.”


Then the coaches arrived and we ran to them. The coach told us to go to the third field. She told us to run to the bin and back. I was the third one back. Then we did some butt kicks, great vines, high knees and lunges.

Finally, the game started and we kicked off. The other team caught the ball. We kept tacking the other team to prevent them from getting a try. Then we got our first try and I tackled the person with the ball. Then the whistle blew for the end of the first half. The halftime score was 12 to us and 10 to them

When the second half was back on, I was the substitute because Harlem wanted to be the Hooker. While I was watching, some boys were tackling away, one boy ran almost to the try line. Then it was full time and the final score was 22 to us and 12 to them.

I feel happy because we won our rugby game for our coach. I hope we win next week's game as well and stay strong with our defense.

WALT understand and use descriptive language in a recount.
I know this when I use appropriate adjectives and verbs in my weekend recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment