Saturday 22 August 2015

Can we go to Denny's again? By Philomena

WALT: understand and use descriptive language.


Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use appropriate adjectives, adverbs and verbs in my writing.

      On Saturday my friends, mum and I went to Denny's restaurant  at Manukau to have dinner.
When we arrived there, the car park was completely full and the rain was falling fast
After ten minutes of looking for a spot, a car  was leaving so we hurried to the parking space. Finally we got to get inside where it was nice and warm. As we waited in a very long queue, a receptionist gave numbers to people for their table.
       As we waited, another lady randomly gave us a number, she was very kind. A waiter greeted us with a big smile on her face, then she asked us for our orders. I picked fish sticks with gravy and potato mash, my mum picked steak with potato and vegetable salad and my friends picked spaghetti bolognese with meatballs and garlic bread.
       After she had jotted down our orders, we waited and waited. Several minutes later our waiter brought our food, we prayed then we ate. We weren't scared or ashamed to say our prayers in public because we are proud to be Christians. When we finished shoving the last piece into our hungry mouths, we were extremely full.
Image result for Snowball at denny's dessert    Later, we all had desserts and I was still full. We all had Snow ball which was a chocolate ball filled with layers of vanilla ice cream. We got to pick our toppings so I had hot fudge, and my mum and friends had plain chocolate. After each bite I felt like a big balloon was going to explode any minute.
   Finally we got to go home.
However I wished that is was not raining and that I didn't eat that much because the day after that I was still feeling full.
 At least I had enjoyed it!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment