Saturday 4 June 2016

Have you been to the beach at Mission Bay? By Mary

On Saturday the 22nd of May my families and I went to the beach. It took us only a minute to get there because the Mission Bay beach is very close to my house. The weather was sunny. We all hopped into my dad's big van to go to the beach.


Once we arrived there, my little brother and I went to go and get changed into our swimming togs straight away. My little brother's swimming togs had a super man design on it. My swimming togs had hearts, square and circle shapes on it. When my little brother and I first went into the water, it felt so cold we hopped out and we waited until the sun shone on the water to warm it up.

After the sun shone into the water, my little brother and I went for a swim. In the water my little brother and I played hide and seek. First I was the tagger because my little brother cries when he can't find me. When my little brother went to hide from me I found him quickly because I could hear him giggling, which gave him away.

Later on my mum called us to go and get something to eat. We had Tongan food, chicken and chips. My little brother and I got changed before we had our food. The food was delicious. The chicken was crispy and the Tongan food was spicy.

Finally we all went home before it got dark because we felt really tired. My favourite part was when my little brother and I played hide and seek.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount by writing an introduction, followed by the events and then a conclusion about my family trip to Mission Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment