Tuesday 14 June 2016

My brother and I can shoot the ball into a hippo's eyes and mouth! By Mary

Last Saturday 21of May 2016 I went to my sister’s house for a sleepover. The weather was Sunny.I went to my sister’s house in the evening because my mum was busy in the morning and the afternoon because she had to help her sister, cousin and her friends.


Before I went to go bed, I told my little brother Cornelius to stop watching YouTube on the laptop and go to go and kiss our little sister Faith. I did the same as Cornelius and kissed my little sister Faith as well.

In the morning my little brother, my little sister, my big sister and I went upstairs to have some breakfast. We had bacon and eggs, toast and Milo. It was delicious. The bacon was crispy and the toast was crunchy. The Milo was smooth and hot.

After we ate breakfast, we all went shopping together to go and buy a present for my cousin Patrick. We bought him a phone and some clothes. My cousin Patrick turned 18 yeas old. I was very excited because he was having his birthday at chipmunks. I remember when I was little, I liked to go to chipmunks.

When we arrived there, my little brother and I took our shoes and went to go play in the shooting area. When we went to shooting area, my little brother and I shoot the ball into the hippos eyes and mouth. I had lot of fun.

After a while my sister called my little brother and I to came and join because my cousin was going to blow out the candles. We all sang the happy birthday song to my cousin and then he blew out the candles.

The cake was really yummy and chocolatey. After that we all went home because we felt tired and it was getting dark. I had great time at the birthday. My favourite part of the day was when I was shooting hoops with my little brother because it was a lot of fun. 

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount by writing an introduction, followed by the events and then a conclusion of my sleepover at my sister's house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment