Tuesday 21 June 2016

Yay! We won the basketball game! By Vaughan

On a partly cloudy Saturday,
my uncle, cousin and I went to the Otahuhu basketball competition. We travelled
there in the car. It took us nearly 50 minutes to get there. We named our team
Tigers. We versed a team called ‘Leopard’  and they had a lot of good players.
I was scared because I didn’t think we could beat them.

Before the game got started,
my uncle said, “Put on your basketball shoes and clothes!” Soon the whistle blew
and the game started. When the ball came down, I ran fast as I could to grab the
ball. I quickly pass it to my cousin. He bounced the ball and sprinted to the
hoop and took a shot. Yay, it went in.

Then the whistle blew and we
got one point and the other team didn't score any points. I was jumping up and
down because I was so excited about my team scoring a point.

After that the whistle blew
again it was half time. While we were resting, my uncle said to my cousins and
I, “Try your best to defend the person next to you and get the ball off
them.”

Image result for basketballA few minutes later, the
referee blew the whistle and we are back on the court. When the other team was
dribbling the ball, my cousin was defending him and he got the ball off him and
that made me very happy. When he stole the ball off the person, he pass it to me
and I shot the ball into the hoop to score two points. My uncle called out to me
and said, “Good shot Vaughan!” After that, we had to check the ball, when the
referee tossed the ball up, my cousin jumped up and got the ball and pass it to
me. I ran so fast that a speeding train couldn't catch me. However the other
team got the ball off me and they ran and shot the ball
in.

After that, the game started
and my cousin and I worked together as a team to get the ball from the other
team. When I was defending the person beside me, my cousin Immanuel passed the
ball to me and I sprinted while my cousin blocked the person next to him. He ran
to me and I passed ball to him. He ran to the hoop and took his best dunk. All
my uncle and friends were surprised that my cousin Matthew just dunked the ball
into the hoop.

A while later, the whistle
blew and I was jumping up and down because we had won the basketball game. After
that, my team shaked hands with the Leopard team and we all said, “Good game!”
to the
other team. After
that, my uncle bought us some hot dogs and coca cola from the shop in Otara,
then he took my friend and I home.

I
had a lot of fun playing basketball with the other team and I hope I can do a
slam dunk like Lebron James next time.


Learning
intention: We are learning to write a recount using appropriate language
features.

Success criteria: I know I can
do this when I use punctuations correctly to show the beginning and end of
sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment