Monday 13 June 2016

Next time I want to be at the front of the check out line! By Punipuao

On Saturday 28th of May, my mum and I went shopping at Pak'n'Save to buy what we needed for the weekend. My mum and I got dressed up and we left our house at 8 o'clock in the morning. We said, "Goodbye!" to my siblings and my dad.

While we were driving to Sylvia park, I made a list of food that we needed for the weekend. On the list I wrote: 2 bags of croissants, 3 coffee packs, coconut cream, medium rice bag, sea salt chips and milo.
When we arrived at Sylvia park, my mum and I walked to the bank to withdraw $250 dollars out of her bank to buy our food. After that, we walked to Pak' n save. Within a minute, I got a trolley, but the one that I wanted was stuck to the one in front of it, so my mum helped me to pull it apart.
At first, my mum and I tried to search for our food that we wanted, but we could not find it, so we looked at the labels on the signs. Finally we found our items of food, and I ticked them off on the right side of the list. Then we walked over to the check out and waited for our turn.
We waited for the line to move and it took 30 minutes for my mum and I to get to the front. We scanned our items of food and my mum told me to get a big box. I got a big box with a sign that says cookie time. The lady placed our items into the box and we left our trolley back to the trolley area.
We got into our little, black car and drove home to prepare our breakfast. It was a lot of fun shopping with my mum.
My favourite part of the day was when my mum and I looked for all the food because I like searching

for items and objects.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount starting with the introduction, followed by the events, then the conclusion about my mum and I going shopping for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment