Wednesday 1 June 2016

I was not expecting my team to be versing the Under 12s! By Christian

On Saturday 21th of May, I had a rugby game against Ponsonby on the main field that was the closest to our rugby club.

I asked my coach "What team are we versing today?", he said. "Under 12 restricted Ponsonby", My team froze and ran I cried, "Noooo! You're lying right?" My coach was serious about us playing against the under 12s. They were tall and big people that can crash our team like pepper.

When our game started, I tackled a player and the person's boots had metal studs. He stepped on my leg and injured me and I fell to the ground. I felt pain in my leg. It felt like I broke my shin because he stepped on my calf muscle. I couldn't walk properly after that and my coach and my friend's dad helped me to go out of the field They told me to stay off the field for 30 minutes. However five minutes later, my friend got injured in the ankle so I had to go in and substitute for him, but I was injured as well, so I was limping.

When the other team had the ball, they tried to score a try but I ran to before they could so they don't come back to my team. Then it was half time time and my coach was talking about me because I had a great run even after I was injured. They didn't count the score because it was a friendly game.

I like friendly teams like this team and I hope I don't get injured next time. After our game, our coach decided for us to have a friendly game with the other team. He switched some of our players with the other players in the other team.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount: introduction, events and conclusion to write about my rugby game on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment