Wednesday 15 June 2016

Is your favourite movie 'The Jungle book'? By Alessandra

Image result for jungle book
On a warm, sunny Saturday afternoon, my family and I decided to go to the movies to watch the Jungle book.  We were all excited so we got ready as soon as possible then immediately went to Hoyts Cinema at Sylvia Park.

When we got to the movies, my dad bought tickets for us. Then, he told us that we will be in Cinema 4 but we had to wait for two hours because the movie was starting at 3 o’clock and it was only 1 o'clock. While we were waiting we went to countdown to buy some popcorn and snacks. We got crackers, some fruits like apples and pears and some lollies.

After we got all that we needed, we headed back to the cinema because it was almost 3 o’clock. We went straight to Cinema 4 and settled ourselves in the comfortable chairs.
Then the movie started and we also started eating our popcorn and snacks. Before the movie was finished, all our food was gone.

The movie was about a little boy named Mowgli who thought that he was a wolf because a pack of wolves raised him. There was a tiger named Shere Khan who wanted to kill Mowgli because he wasn’t an animal. Fortunately, Mowgli was not killed because all the other animals in the jungle protected him by attacking the evil Shere Khan.

My favourite part was when Mowgli helped a baby elephant because it was stuck in a hole. I hope next time we could invite some friends because my friend James really wanted to see the movie as well. I had a fantastic day with my family watching the movie.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives to describe my weekend watching the Jungle book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment