Sunday 5 June 2016

Woah! That building over there is very similar to the Taj Mahal in India! By Tristan

On Saturday 28th of May, before night time, my family and I went to the viaduct where there were ships and vessels. We went there so we could explore and get to learn more about the place. We used our four-wheeled car because it is used for travelling purposes when our family goes to faraway places.  Luckily the weather wasn't bad on that day so we decided that it was a great time for some adventure. We all got ready excitedly then I rushed to the car first because I couldn't wait to go.


While travelling, I saw different kinds of buildings and cars. I saw tall buildings, small buildings, vintage cars and new shiny cars. At first, I was a bit confused as to where we were going since it was my first time passing through to that way. My mother was taking pictures so she could post them online while I was looking for more interesting things. I was amazed at the beauty of the sun coming down which made the autumn leaves look spectacular.

When we arrived at the viaduct in Auckland, I  was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful scenery. I saw vessels and boats coming in and sailing away. My uncle took pictures of my mother and I in the middle of one of the boats and a very tall brown building that looked similar to Taj Mahal in India.  After taking a lot of photos, the boat had finally sailed away, so we couldn't take anymore pictures of it.  It was nice to actually see boats sailing because it's a whole new experience for me.

Image result for salted pepper chickenThen we decided to move to another destination since it was time to have dinner. We went to Dominion Road in Balmoral. We used our GPS to guide us to locate the place.  When we got there,  we searched for a nice place to eat. Eventually, we found a Chinese restaurant called, 'Yummy Kitchen'. We had to order our food and my mother and uncle ordered a plate of noodles, a plate of salted pepper chicken, fried rice and dumplings. When the food was served, I took a piece of the salted pepper chicken and I realised it was very delicious. So the next time I took one more and I decided to savour the flavour before swallowing it. After dinner, we paid the bill then went back home. We had to run to our car quickly because the rain started to pour down on us.

Saturday was a fun day for me because I got to explore a new place in Auckland. Next time we go travelling, I want to ask my uncle and mother if we could travel to another place that we haven't been to before. My favourite part of Saturday was when I saw new different kinds of buildings and cars that we passed by on the way.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and add descriptive language.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I add 23 appropriate adjectives to describe my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment